After much deliberation with the big man in red, we've come to our decision on the name for our new green-nosed sleigh leader: Limelight! Pretty fitting name all around, huh?
Congratulations to @jen0880, who takes home two roundtrip tickets anywhere from Southwest Airlines!
"Couldn't ask for a better name," Santa tells us, via iPhone. "Limelight's self-confidence has skyrocketed. Though I haven't mentioned the blizzards. (rofl!) In any case, thank u, Twitter community!"
The contest was a smashing success -- be sure to click the #ohdeer hashtag to check out more of the fantastic names the Twitter community suggested. A big holiday thanks to everyone involved, and stay tuned to @whereivebeen past the holiday season for more giveaways!
The Where I've Been Team
Breaking news out of the North Pole: Rudolph's famous glowing nose is busted! We're as stunned as you are. With a particularly foggy Christmas Eve ahead, Santa just couldn't afford to
take any chances, and he's already plucked another red-snouted reindeer from a rare flock in south Norway to take care of the job. But there's a problem: The new leader of Santa's sleigh needs a name.
That's where you come in.
We've gotten the exclusive scoop from Captain Kringle himself, and his mission is clear: If your suggested name gets chosen as the most creative, you'll win two free round-trip tickets from Southwest Airlines!
To enter, all you have to do is:
- Follow @whereivebeen on Twitter. Not on Twitter? Join here, it's free.
- Re-tweet the following message as stated:
- Give Rudolph's successor a name! Follow us & RT this msg 2 win @SouthwestAir tix http://su.pr/7xmjxN #ohdeer
- In front of the re-tweeted message, suggest a name. For example:
- Seymour! RT @whereivebeen Give Rudolph's successor a name! Follow us & RT this msg 2 win @SouthwestAir tix http://su.pr/7xmjxN #ohdeer
- Read the Terms and Conditions of the Oh Deer Holiday Contest here.
And don't worry about Rudolph -- he's recovering with one of the best surgeons in Beverly Hills.
Happy holidays and happy tweeting,
The Where I've Been team
and Southwest Airlines